Bank

Bank

Monday, October 13, 2014

28th Amendment


I believe that a 28th amendment should be added to the constitution.  I think that this amendment should deal with the issue of taxes and pay cuts of certain jobs in the United States. What I mean by this is I think that when the government decides for pay cuts they always pick on our soldiers or the older people in the country. I don’t think that this is right.

The men and women that are serving our country overseas fighting wars that most of the time have nothing to do with our country deserve to be paid it. They risk their life day after day to ensure that we keep our freedom. They shouldn’t have to give up part of their paycheck every time the government needs to save a little money.

They government also picks on the older people on social security. These people worked their entire lives supporting our economy and most probably worked harder than anyone to pull us out of the depression we were in back in the late 30’s. They paid a little part of their paycheck into social security time after time to ensure that they would have money to retire. Therefor that money is still theirs they worked for it. The government should not be taking that money to spend on other things it should all go to the people.

The 28th amendment should state: “The government shall not cut or lower the pay of any United States soldier or any elderly person on social security no matter what the cause.” “They may not heavily tax the citizens of the United States but instead use their six figure salary to make up for the money they need”

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your blog. I like the statement about how the elderly worked hard throughout their lives to pull us out of the depression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a well written blog, I agree with the statement when you talked about how our soldiers give up some of their paycheck to other people. I don't believe that is fair either.

    ReplyDelete